There was a man named Joseph Bramah.
He was an inventor. He is known for inventing elements that made toilets more efficient , is the “Father of the Hydraulic Press”, the first pumper fire truck and has patents for pens, carriages and public water mains. He also had a locksmith company. He created a lock that he advertised as the “Challenge Lock” with the inscription that read:
"
The artist who can make an instrument that will pick or open this lock shall receive 200 guineas the moment it is produced"
The artist who can make an instrument that will pick or open this lock shall receive 200 guineas the moment it is produced"I had to do some research but 200 guineas is worth over $350,000 in today’s dollars.
The challenge stood for 67 years. It stood until Alfred Hobbs, an American, opened it. Mr. Hobbs opened the lock of a genius. Mr. Hobbs worked for a locksmith company and opened it just so he could tell people that 1. He had a better lock, and 2. So he could share what people can do to improve their locks.
What he did reminded me of an old gospel song I had heard in my aunt’s house a long time ago.
It was called “I’m Just A Nobody” by the Williams Brothers. Here is the chorus:
I’m just a nobody
Trying to tell everybody
About somebody
Who can save anybody
I added the music video for this song below.
Let this be your testimony and purpose! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment